Thanksgiving is an American holiday and while it has historical beginnings it really has become a feast day. For those who do not live here let me say it’s about turkey & dressing, sweet potatoes, cranberries, and pumpkin pies. Of course, we are thankful, too, for family, health, friends and all those things that we are grateful for every day of our lives.
It goes without saying that I am thankful for these things and especially my wonderful family. But, I would like to share with you some other things I’m thankful for every day. It is not an exhaustive list, just things that come to mind at the moment.
- Spiders don’t fly
- Presidents have term limits
- I don’t have to get to know the turkey personally before Thanksgiving
- Rock and Roll never goes out of style
- I don’t have to be young to think young
- Our Earth has oceans
- AARP membership is not a requirement
- I am not forced to eat ground meat
- That Santa Claus is old and forgetful
- My granddaughters shared their friends with me
- Spiders don’t swim