Maybe it’s my recent milestone birthday, but I keep looking back. Please walk with me as I recall some things of years past.
Do You Remember When?
- Gas stations were Service Stations? The attendant checked your oil and cleaned your windshield as well as pumping your gas. I remember my Dad driving into the station and requesting “A dollar’s worth please!” That was approximately three gallons back then.
- There was one vehicle per family rather than per driver?
- Funeral homes provided ambulance service?
- Doctors made routine house calls?
- Horses were used to farm?
- Babies were born at home?
- The deceased were “laid out” at home? That was before the parlor became a “living” room.
- Farm homes had smokehouses? They were not for smokers of cigarettes and cigars. They were for preserving (smoking) and then storing meat for the table.
- You didn’t own a computer?
- You learned to used email?
- Your phone wasn’t in your pocket?
- You didn’t know who was calling until they spoke?