There are things in life that just don’t seem worth it, especially when you consider that life is short. The older I get the more things I find not worth the effort, time or discomfort. I realize that this is in part due to simply being a senior, but I want more credit than that. Much of what I’ve decided life is too short for is due to experience and wisdom.
Life’s Too Short
- To wear a bra
- To eat (or drink) kale
- To not see the ocean as often as the opportunity presents itself
- To not dig in the dirt
- To not pause for nature
- To not “look up at the stars” as Stephen Hawking said
- To spend it worrying about the past
- To waste time on Facebook
- To not spend time with loved ones including friends at every opportunity
- To not laugh
- Did I mention wearing a bra?
How about you? Are there things you would list?
“I find it delightful that the optimal way I can live my life from moment-to-moment is also the optimal way I can prepare for my death, and equally delightful that acknowledging our future death is a prerequisite for living a truly joyful life now.” Ram Dass