What I Know for Sure 5
As you may have noticed, this subject has been difficult for me. Quite honestly I am surprised, because I’ve been nothing in life if not sure of my opinions, but therein lies the problem, I believe. Opinions are easy to come by, easy to hold, easy to change. Knowing something for sure is utterly different. Knowing means possessing proof, irrefutable facts, it is a reality, the unwavering truth. This reality is harder to come by. In previous posts, I came up with thirteen (13), if you allow me to include those I threw in facetiously. In order to meet the high bar set by Oprah, in number only, I was determined to come up with seven (7) more things of which I am sure. After much contemplation, here they are:
14. The love of an animal is pure. They give physical comfort, make no demands, don’t pout and are quick to forgive.
15. Death comes to all living creatures. No matter how we try to avoid this fact it is a reality.
16. There are no perfect marriages. Some are happier than others, some have more trials, but regardless of the effort put into a marriage, it is not possible to live with another human being without some rough spots and adjustments along the way.
17. White privilege is real. The greatest advantage I’ve been given in life, I have done nothing to earn. It was provided to me at birth simply as a result of having two white parents.
18. Time spent in nature is rewarding. The sounds of birds, crickets, and water flowing, the feel of breezes that touch one’s face, the glimpse of a small furry animal scurrying along the ground, even the faint fragrance of a wildflower are healing and rejuvenating to the spirit of who we are or were meant to be.
19. I cannot turn over a new leaf. No matter how many times I try, simply acknowledging that I need to make a change is not incentive enough. For me to make a change, it must involve serious consequences.
20. High heels are detrimental to a woman’s health. Created in Persia (Iran today) to be worn by men riding horses, a raised heel served the practical purpose of keeping the feet within the stirrup. High heels today serve no purpose except to hobble women, making them more vulnerable not only to assault, but to back pain, falls, and injuries to the foot and ankle. Yes, I am aware that they can be beautiful and that women who are strong and agile, can look stunning wearing them, but I maintain that they are not worth the risks involved.
We have explored and exhausted this subject for now at least. You, the readers, have contributed many things that you know to be true and they are listed below. Please feel free to comment, adding more things you have decided are true over the past month. I believe that something can be true to one of us, yet not all of us. We are individuals and we do not think, feel or believe the same. Thank you so much for sharing with me and with each other.
What Readers Know for Sure:
|I am but a microscopic speck in the great macrocosm of the universe.|
|My existence has had a purpose|
|Life IS worth living|
|I am a morning person|
|I know God is real|
|A true friend lifts you when you’re down, listens to your problems, is caring and encouraging.|
|Columbus Day marks the beginning of recorded history in America.|
|Millions of European migrants came here bringing their music, art, science, medicine and religious principles that shaped the United States.|
|A leopard can’t change its spots.|
|You can’t go back, only forward.|
|You can’t change the past.|
|One hand washes the other hand.|
|You can’t change a person’s thinking when it comes to religion or politics.|
|What I believe for sure, you may not.|
|My mother, brothers, and sister have loved me unconditionally.|
|I have the inner faith and strength to get through very difficult times.|
|Teachers can change a student for a lifetime.|
|Seasons follow each other.|
|Spring starts from the ground up.|
|The moon and stars follow the sun.|
|Full moons cause strange behavior in people.|
|Everyone is either predator or prey.|
|Every action has a reaction.|
|The human body is the most incredible organism.|
|Every person has a story.|
|Every person can choose how to react to their story.|
|We move through seasons and chapters of our lives individually.|
|Some decisions are more difficult than others.|
|When inflated, balloons float up.|
|We all die alone, even when others are around us.|
|We are on this earth as we know it today, only once.|
What I Know for Sure:
|I love my family with all my heart.|
|Having time alone is a necessity for me.|
|Native Americans should not be called Indians.|
|Dish towels should be laundered separately.|
|April is not delivering in March.|
|Love, at first sight, is a real phenomenon.|
|Depression should be renamed.|
|April had a baby.|
|Alot is not a word.|
|I am no Oprah.|
|CPR does not always work.|
|Grandparents are not infallible.|
|Adventure Animal Park will continue to make money on April through May.|
|The love of an animal is pure.|
|Death comes to all living creatures.|
|There are no perfect marriages.|
|White privilege is real.|
|Time spent in nature is rewarding.|
|I cannot turn over a new leaf.|
|High heels are detrimental to a woman’s health.|
The flowers bloom, then wither . . . the stars shine and one day become extinct . . . This earth, the sun, the galaxies and even the big universe someday will be destroyed . . . Compared with that, the human life is only a blink, just a little time . . . In that short time, the people are born, laugh, cry, fight, are injured, feel joy, sadness, hate someone, love someone. All in just a moment. And then, are embraced by the eternal sleep called death. Virgo Shaka